Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Band Camp and Random Thoughts

I've actually been a little busy lately at work. Not in a good way, but in an annoying, frustrating way. I work at a music school and yesterday marked the first day of our Band Camp. It is actually eloquently name the Summer Music Festival, but calling it "Band Camp" amuses me to no end, and therefore is always referred to as band camp by me. There is so little amusement at my job I have to cling to whatever little bit there maybe.

I had to be at work by 8 yesterday morning and was inundated by band campers and their equally annoying parents. I then spent most of the morning either running around adjusting thermostats, trying to figure out who owed me money, and yelling at the little band geeks who insisted on throwing their smelly lunch trash in my garbage can usually reserved for paper. ICK! I had to empty it three times before complaining to the director of the music festival, a short rotund Italian man who creeps me out to no end.

Yesterday my only amusement was sending dirty emails to G.

I sit here this morning wanting to post something, but coming up blank. Nothing is going on, the summer is slowly sliding by and I almost find myself longing for the fall, October not November. I think it might be the apple and spice air-freshener the custodian has placed in one of the bathrooms at work.

Moving is still looming on the horizon and waking me up in the middle of the night with anxiety. I hope I'm doing the right thing, but I don't want to move. Period. Every time I think of leaving my little apartment I get depressed. It was my space and I remember how excited I was to live by myself. Oh well, I guess. I just feel like I'm regressing. At least the room situation is straitened out and I got the one I wanted. That was an annoyance that thankfully worked out well.

Part of me is torn about the whole living situation. On one hand I am the only girl and I feel like as men they would make certain allowances, but no. I guess I should want to be treated equally, but the last time I lived with guys, they treated me like a princess, so I've been spoiled.

I just don't have a good feeling about the whole situation, because honestly they're more like girls than I am.

To quote G. "They all need to grow up, grow a sack and be men, and stop acting like little girls."

Okay maybe I'm just paraphrasing, his language was slightly more graphic, but what can you expect from a sailor.

Its cute he still cares about my welfare.

No comments: