Friday, July 28, 2006

Are You Serious?

Piano Teacher/Web designer at work: "I was just meeting with Communications Director and your name came up."

Me, blank stare, "What did I do?"

He laughs, "Sorry didn't mean to sound ominous. We are putting a page up on the website that will explain the registration procedures here and we thought that we should have a picture of you meeting a family or shaking someone's hand or something, but there doesn't seem to be any families around today. I'll have to do it some other time."

I laugh, "You have to give me some warning so I can make myself look decent." I'm joking.

Him, completely serious. "Yah, you're not looking your best."

I freeze and wait for the chuckle or the "I'm only kidding", but it never comes and of course I feel the need to defend my hastily thrown back hair and less than inspired outfit.

"I'm in the middle of the move, I'm stressed."

"Oh I see, well good luck with that." Still completely serious and leaves.

Me completely stunned, even if it is true, did he have to voice it!

No comments: