Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Shabby Chic and Hades

$1500 to fix my car. Sigh

I may just keep the duct tape. I hear shabby chic is in right now. Maybe I could get different color duct tapes and make designs. Cambridge always embraces quirkiness like that.

I'm away from the Cambridge place until probably Sunday night. I didn't tell my roommates, but I also feel that I didn't have too. They'll figure out when I'm not around and they'll give me a hard time about not being around, but its hot and my parents have a pool and I don't want to sweat my ass off in the city.

I actually have the day off tomorrow, albeit its for a funeral, but its a day not at work. I feel a little bad for not being here tomorrow seeing as they "eliminated" my assistant's position and tomorrow is her last day, but it can't be avoided. I feel bad that she got the boot, but she wasn't too much of a help to me. At least I was able to get a lunch break while she was here, not I don't know what's going to happen.

Its about 100 degrees here today. Some people are acting like the world is coming to an end. Its quite annoying. We have a concert tonight and I've already had 15 calls about it seeing if its still on. One lady was upset with me.

"Do you realize its 98 degrees he-ah?" My low tolerance for the Boston accent already has my back up.

"Yes I understand." Which is my standard answer to cranky bitches. What I really wanted to say is, "No lady, I didn't realize it was that hot out, I've been living under a rock for the past few days." I mean seriously you can't go two seconds with out hearing about the record heat or someone commenting on it.

I mean isn't this what its constantly like down south. People DO survive in this weather. Its not like we're in the depths of Hades. (Due to recent PMS binge I would be in the sixth circle with the gluttons, I would invent a new circle for the people who ask stupid questions.)

SHEESH!

No comments: