Friday, August 11, 2006

Numero Dos

What is up with guys keeping their eyes closed while hooking up? I mean during the actual kissing part its okay, almost expected, but when you break apart open your eyes. I'm very attractive!

I mean granted he MAY be trying to picture me naked, but still the real thing is better. Not that My Crush would know that yet. I was very well behaved last night.

Our second date took place on his turf, Allston. It is a bitch of a city with really tight parking and lots and lots of loud and annoying people, and the college kids aren't really around yet. After a nice meal of Mexican and sangria, we headed back to his apartment. The meal was nice, just a mini-freak out when the conversation started to lag. He was putting in NO effort, but lucky for me the sangria significantly loosened my tongue and I was able to babble about anything.

His apartment was nice. It looks like a guy's apartment should look. It was refreshing after living in the den of eccentricities. I could tell he wanted to make a move. I was fascinated by the whole process. The leaning in to make the shoulders touch, the brushing of the hands. It was like watching a nature program. I guess I was being slightly bratty about not helping him out much. I responded to what he did do, but didn't really give him much to work with. The best was when I got up to use the bathroom and upon my return I noticed that when he heard me he stretched both his arms along the back of the couch and when I sat next to him he dropped one down on me. It was sweet and hilarious at the same time. Much more creative than the yawn and stretch.

The stages progressed to the arm over the shoulder, to the half cuddling and finally to the laying down cuddling. The first kiss was nice, but the keeping the eyes closed afterwards bugged me. Its not just My Crush either, D would do the same thing, like he was in some weird zen trance. Very odd. I'll work through it. Either that or flick him when he doesn't open his eyes. Aversion therapy is worth a try.

That is my one complaint though. Over-all date number two gets and 8. Oh never mind, it gets a 6. I had a $40 parking ticket on my car when I finally left to sleep in my own bed.

Like a good girl, I left him wanting more.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

The only logical explanation for them keeping their eyes closed is that they somehow get deeply caught up in the passion of the moment. Give yourself a pat on your back for that ;)

Kate said...

Ooohhh! I like the way you think! :) Thanks!