Friday, August 18, 2006

Fall Dreamin'

At the mall last night with Girl J, keeping her company while running some wedding errands like the good bridesmaid that I am, we were suddenly slapped in the face by Fall.

fall is by far my favorite season. As welcoming as spring can be after a long New England winter, it is also unpredictable and sometimes does not materialize at all. One day you're shivering in your snow boots and the next you are applying aloe for your third degree sunburn.

Fall is a different story. After feeling out of sorts for the last few days, it took me something as random as a Halloween display in Yankee Candle to lift the spirits. The bright orange candy corn candles alternating with the midnight black licorice candles just trigger a warm homey feeling that can only be associated with the fall.

I'm done with summer, burnt out. Summer is only for students and teachers, who actually get the time off to enjoy it. Not for pathetic office workers that get to stare at the beautiful weather through thick window pains, wishing that they could be at the beach, shivering in the air conditioning. Having to endure the comments of clients about "What a beautiful day it is today!"

I'm over it all. I'm bored and my feet are constantly either too hot or too cold. I'm looking forward to football and apple crisp, Halloween candy and flaming red leaves. I'm tired of the hum and clanking of my air conditioner and waking up with chapped lips. Yes , I'm definitely over the summer. Bring on the Fall!

Change! I need change! Even if it is only the weather.

No comments: