Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Wicked Bitch of the Desk

I fear I am becoming a mean person. For someone who prides herself on her patience and generally amiable personality, this is quite distressing news. I've been catching the tone of my voice as I half-heartedly answer the phone, and I can feel the sneers on my face as I talk to people that morph into full on dirty looks as they walk away from me.

I'm short with people, almost borderline rude. My only solace is that most of the people I deal with are completely self absorbed and probably do not notice my attitude in the least bit.

I need a new job. Pure and simple. Well people think its pure and simple, but they don't work here. This is not a traditional workplace and I feel that my announcement of leaving would be seen as an act of treachery, rather that a twenty-something moving forward to actually utilize the master's degree that she's placed on the shelf for nine months.

You think they would be happy. My work effort has completely escaped me! I have twenty-four unreturned voice mails sitting in my inbox, and when I get the energy to actually listen to them all I will most likely *3 them into the vortex of deleted messages. It takes supreme effort for me to pick up the receiver when the phone actually rings and don't even get me started on my email!

Right now I'm concentrating on not snapping at my assistant. Violence in the workplace is never a good thing.

I think I'm cranky over the small amount of personal emails that I have been receiving in the past few days. Don't my friend realize that the little mindless exchanges are saving me from insanity!

I will also blame their absence on me contacting unsuitable men and making inappropriate comments.

No comments: