Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Losing it

I just argued with a five year old.

Robby: Miss Kate can I have the attendance?

Me: I guess. Do NOT come behind the counter its a special place.

(Minute Later)

Robby: Miss Kate, you gave me the wrong attendance. (Which is very possible)

Me: (looking at attendance) No Robby, this is the right one, see it says "May" right here.

Robby: Yah, but it says Fall 2005 right here!

Me: (Stomping over to desk, grabbing pen, crossing out Fall 2005 and writing Spring 2006) There! Now it spring.

Robby: (Blinks twice before running back to classroom)

Me: (muttering) Great! Now I have five year olds telling me how to do my job!

Robby returns with the attendance, hands it over and starts touching everything on my counter.

Me: Robby, I'm going to count to Five and you better be in the classroom. Five, (he just grins) Four, (looks at me suspiciously) Three (bolts towards the classroom) Two, Robby you better be in there!, ONE!

Why do they always fall for the counting trick? Like I would be able to do anything if he just stood there looking at me while I counted down to one. Thank goodness he didn't test me, because I had nothing and would have lost all of my "Miss Kate" authority. I'm a little embarrassed that counting to five was the best I could do, not to mention I didn't even say there was a consequence.

No comments: