Friday, March 17, 2006

Me

Blogging is not something I have ever though about doing or actually was very familiar with as a mode of self-expression, but after a rather painful bout of "work-boredom" (you know the boredom from which you actually, physically ache) I started entertaining myself by reading blogs. It dragged out the old me, the one who wanted to be a writer, the one who painstakingly recorded the events of a teenage life and college aged life, but dropped the habit somewhere between teenaged crushes and finding out that maybe I wasn't a very good English major/writer.

This seems something that could help me. At 26, I find myself with more degrees and less direction than at 18. I'm at a dead-end job, that I'm finding hard to leave, and I'm in a quasi-long distance relationship (my second, yes I know) just trying to figure it all out, find me, no matter how cliche that sounds, and maybe enjoy myself along the way.

I live in a Boston Suburb, and my most pressing issue of the day is that I have no one to go out and celebrate the biggest Boston holiday of the year. The infamous, St. Paddy's day. I build holidays up, even the small ones, and ultimately I am disappointed, with the exception of Christmas, because my family does do a GREAT Christmas. I wish I could adopt the "corporate", "greeting card" view on the lesser holidays, but I can't! I'm a sucker for a special day. So here I am with out St. Patrick day plans hoping for the best!

And if not, my couch some mindless movies and some tatertots will do the trick!

No comments: