Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Indecision

I talked to D yesterday, I think its been 6 months now we've actually been trying to get together. After the first date in September nothing happened. I tried to be the good modern dating girl; not calling, not appearing eager for a second date, (which I totally was) and following the pop culture phenomenon, "He's Just not the Into You" after a week I let it go and that was that. He resurfaced somewhere around Thanksgiving asking me why I disappeared, but by that time I was firmly entrenched with G and just blew it off as a passing conversation.

Gradually over time we have been talking, saying we would meet for coffee. I've been back and forth, up and down with the roller coaster that has been G and I. Now that G and I are climbing up the hill of that roller coaster D's invite to do something this weekend shook me a little, like the roller coaster's safety bar loosened a little. Maybe he is into me?

Technically G and I aren't together. Technically we should be able to see other people. I keep telling myself that I would not be wrong to go out with D. Its my moral dilemma now. I feel like there is something left unfinished w/ D, but does that matter? I guess I'm just curious, and meeting someone for coffee doesn't mean anything. Too bad he's so darn cute!

I'm also trying to figure out what to get my mother for her birthday tomorrow. For the woman who buys herself everything she wants but can never think of something come present time. I can't even count how many times she mentions something that she wants for her birthday or mother's day and then the next time I see it she has it. I supposed I can't complain, I'm the same way. I wonder where I got it from? I'm hoping that a quick walk through Williams Sonoma and Crate and Barrel will provide me with enough inspiration.

We are taking my mom to dinner tomorrow night as well and I've been obsessing over the menu all morning, which is just making my oatmeal lunch all the less appealing. I have narrowed it down to three choices, now I just have to hope that none of the specials will call to me. I love food and I love eating out. I love looking at menus knowing that I can have anything on them. What I hate is orderer's remorse. When there's so much to choose from and if you're not prepared there is just not enough time to make a well-thought out choice. Then the panic sets in. I have what I want in mind, but its not a firm decision. There is that little nugget of doubt: "Do I really want the grilled salmon?" and when it comes my turn some how "fried scallops"comes flying out of my mouth. I'm not even that BIG a fan of scallops, but its too late and I will obsess over my rash decision and try to fill up on bread. I obsess a lot. Don't even get me started on the side dishes.

My Choices

1. The stuffed Fillet-beef, spinach, cheddar and marscapone (c'mon!)

2. The pecan Salmon- w/ a spinach salad with gorgonzola, strawberries and balsamic (probably the best salad combination ever)

3. The halibut- its wrapped in bacon (nuff said)

(This is all subject to change)

No comments: