Friday, March 31, 2006

Groggy

I have a cold.

I made it through the frigid New England winter, blizzards, nor'eastahs, below zero temperatures with out succumbing to one and here I am on the nicest day since October, sniffling and snorting my way through the day. A cold in 70 degree weather is just plain miserable, I think its more miserable that having one when its cold.

I thought I was home free, I watched family members, friends, co-workers and students drop like flies around me, and there I was, sickness free. I felt like a walking time bomb, at any moment I would feel the tell-tale scratch in the throat, the ache in the joints or the nasal drip. The dreaded nasal drip.

I'm not all there today. I took a tylenol PM last night because my face hurt, not just the head but the entire face. I've found that my body responds to sleep aids very well, after getting off the phone with G last night I was out from 10:30 to 8. I was woken by a text message from J to let me know that our favorite author was going to be on the radio. After that it was down hill: starting to put conditioner in before shampoo, standing in the kitchen wondering why my face is itchy, no moisturizer, orange juice almost going into the coffee and then the best one, a teacher telling me I had left the tag on my pants. I blame the drugs!

My pants are actually the only good thing about today. I think goucho pants are probably the most comfortable things I have ever worn. I almost feel naked. Almost. I've finally caved and bought a pair and now I want to wear them every day. I'm sure they'll be out of style soon, but I will cling to them like my mom clung to stirrup pants! Not to mention they make my butt look fab!

No comments: