Tuesday, May 01, 2007

S-A-D Cured...

At one point during my stay, I found myself on the back patio of my married friends fabulous house by myself. I was in a skirt and tank top, my legs bare and propped on the chair across from me. There was a light breeze that caused me to tuck my skirt protectively between my legs.

I put down the book I was casually reading and looked up into the sky. Not a cloud in sight. The breeze was warm and comforting and I could see a pinkness starting to develop on my exposed left arm.

I felt something I had not felt in some time: pure contentment. I breathed deep and smiled. I wasn't thinking about my last weeks at work, where I would be living, what I would do for work. I was just thinking of how lovely the breeze felt against my face, how warm the sun was and how much I loved my newly purchased Target sunglasses. It was a break much needed and a break much appreciated. The hospitality of my married friends was unparalleled.

The trip flew, but every moment was enjoyed. The trip to the Fort Worth Zoo and the frosty limey, salty margaritas during a rousing game of scatagories were just a couple of the enjoyable moments.

It was just the fact that I was somewhere different. I was somewhere sunny and green and so, so different. It awoke a feeling me that must have gone dormant during the winter. I love new places, I love experiencing new things and being somewhere I've never been before.

The winters drain me. Kate has SAD, would be joked about, but sometimes I think its true. Its amazing what a little sun can do. SAD cured.

It revived me. I'm struggling through my last week at work, but looking very much forward to moving on. I'm not sure where I'm going, but I'm hoping it will be a great place with potential. I am waiting to hear back from Important Boston Hospital. This job would be great, but I can't get my hopes too up. My fingers are slightly crossed.

I hope I hear soon.

Three days left. I'm training, but its hard. How do you explain so someone that you know this stuff because you pay attention, you care about people and you make sure you know what's going on so you can help them. I didn't get all my knowledge because it was written down for me in a nice neat package. I worked to be good at my job, and people get frustrated with me because I cannot infuse them with my knowledge. Work hard like I did and then maybe you'll get it. Pay attention to what happens around you then maybe you'll be good at the job.

There's really know way to explain that to someone, but I try to be patient and tell them enough to get by and then on Friday I wash my hands of this place. They were willing to let me go; therefore, I will let them go.

Goodbye and Good Fricken Luck!

No comments: