Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Rest of the Story

Basically, I was forced out of my job.

I knew this, I'm not stupid, but I didn't want to think about it that way, because it was too upsetting. I'm good at my job and I know it, but "upper management" I think, wanted a new start, someone they could completely control and that person wasn't me.

I think they knew by telling me they were moving me to the later hours, I would not accept. That was exactly what happened.

They advertised my position with out telling me, and when I questioned why, I was told that they were advertising it at full time to get a better quality of person. What they didn't tell me is if they did find that sort of person they would demote me. By not telling me they had a safety net in case it didn't work out that they found someone better.

From my training, I don't think they've found someone better, but they can figure that out by themselves.

Its beyond upsetting to me. I was never given a performance review, I was never told that how I was performing was not up to their standards. I was never given a chance to change my ways or improve.

In short I was give them ol' heave ho with no warning. I was manipulated to leave and it happened.

I'm still very glad to be leaving, especially since I know I meant nothing to them, but its still a disappointment to be treated so.

So that's my story. On to bigger and better things.

No comments: