Friday, May 04, 2007

Last Day

As I sit here surrounded by bouquets of flowers, gift cards, farewell cards and gift bags, I am a little teary. People cared about me here and liked me. Obviously that was not a trait for which management was looking.

I am sad leaving, but the majority of my feelings right now are relief! After today, which has been hard, I will feel free. Free is a feeling I haven't felt in sometime.

I will miss particular people, the people who are outraged by what has happened and what is going on, but this was my escape hatch and they've made it easy for me. I will not have to feel any guilt because this is what management wanted.

The next adventure is around the corner. I am a finalist for the big important Boston Hospital job and I feel that if I get that job, even though it will be tedious for a while, it could lead to good things.

I'm happy to be moving on.

Oh did I also mention that big important Boston Hospital was the same one that D works at? I should also mention that when I told him that I interviewed there I told him if I got the job he would have to take me out to lunch.

As we know from our track record that is hit or miss, but he did seem receptive to the idea. I just want to have some fun, I don't want to marry the guy. I couldn't stand him for that long!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

last days are always sad.. at least the people there made it special.

I hope you find something soon.. no need to be a bum :p