Monday, May 14, 2007

Epiphany

Some time on Friday night I realized that my health insurance had already expired. Well I realized it because I had called to renew a prescription and then they called me back informing me that my insurance had expired, after one week! I have no idea about HR practises, which is my own fault, but that seems a little soon. (and if anyone can educate me a little I would be much obliged!)

So this news was a slight reality check. I stressed all weekend, my mother forbid me to go roller blading and I just felt for the first time that maybe I should have accepted the hours a the old job until I could find something new. (Still waiting on the Big Boston Hospital).

There seemed to be a little bit of cloud following me all weekend. I couldn't shake it, I felt out of whack. It was strange.

I woke up this morning and wondered what I would do. I rolled out of bed and went downstairs to file for unemployment. My one goal for the day. Of course I can't file until Wednesday, so as of 8:35, I had no agenda.

I dragged my butt downstairs, put on my sneakers and Padres baseball hat and headed out the door. About five minutes into my walk it hit me, this is great! I have no where to be, nothing to do, no responsibilities it's gorgeous out, the wind smelled like the ocean and the grass was so green it could be called emerald and not be considered hyperbole. I took a deep breath and quickened my step.

I came back 45 minutes later and made myself a nice healthy breakfast and enjoyed my coffee while watching Regis and Kelly. It was nice and relaxing. There wasn't anything pressing on my mind anymore. It was liberating and freeing. I'm not so naive that I think that this will be great forever, I know I will get restless and bored, but for now, I'll enjoy the time.

This is fine, its just happening, but I will find a job, and who knows when I'm going to have time like this to myself like this again.

So for today I'm all about unemployment!

Yay!

No comments: