Friday, May 11, 2007

Slackerville Here I Come!

So today is the last day of legitimate employment.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with my time. There are only so many hours you can spend job searching and sending resumes until you want to throw the computer out the window. My goal is to not be lazy! I'm going to need to keep a regular schedule or I will be all screwed up when it comes time for me to go back to work. No sleeping till noon and eating at all weird hours. I must get up and go to the gym and then do something productive.

I've been conferencing with my other unemployed friends and we have come up with a tentative list of activities:

  • The MFA (though I may do that with my mother for a Birthday trip)
  • The Aquarium
  • Six Flags New England
  • Shopping (eek! probably not the best idea)
  • Taking of to an island for a few days (could be a birthday trip)
  • A Zoo, somewhere (I have a weird obsession with zoos. I heart them.)
  • Drinking heavily.
  • My extensive "To Read" list.
  • My extensive "T.V. Shows to catch up on" list.
So I think with that list as a starter I should be okay, but in truth: Unemployment scares the living bejesuses out of me!

One reason I didn't take the later hours at the old job was because I lack motivation in the morning. I will lay around until I force myself to shower and then get on my way. I would never accomplish anything in morning before going to work at two. I just knew I wouldn't. So knowing that I'm going to have to make an extreme effort to get moving in the morning. I don't want to create a Kate sized indent in my couch and burn my corneas with all the TV I would be watching.

I am pledging right now not to be a lump.

The week at my temporary job actually went very well! I thought I was going to bored out of my mind, but I have probably done more work this week than I had done in a month at the old job. It was pretty interesting too. I didn't understand much of it, but it kept me busy and for once I feel like I actually deserve the pay check!

Once the cats were taken away (Wednesday morning, after it had started to leak! GAH!) The rest of the week went very smoothly.

Not a dull moment, included a drunk guy coming into the office, telling me all about his head injury by a falling parking gate, and then hit me up for bus money. I shelled out a dollar fifty in quarters. I should have told him that I needed the money more than him, seeing that I was unemployed; however, I didn't 'think I would win that argument. I may have been able to trick him, seeing that his slurring was hampering his speech, but I'm too nice a person.

And he kinda scared me.

No comments: