Friday, September 29, 2006

Fleeing the State

I'm leaving the state of Massachusetts tonight!

It's the first time I have left the state since June when I flew off to San Diego, unless you count Rhode Island (which I don't, it's barely a state.) I grew up so close to Rhode Island that its more like visiting a neighboring town rather than a completly different state, except for the fact that their tax is 7% where as Massachusetts is 5%. That fact just makes shopping it Rhode Island unfavorable.

New Hampshire is a whole different story. While I grew up in the south eastern end of Massachusetts, New Hampshire was North, making it seem very far away. It also holds many family anecdotes, like the time I lost my big toenail in the swinging door of a New Hampshire Burger King, or the time we almost lost my little brother at "Story Land" only to find him eventually in Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater's Pumpkin. I've seen the infamous "Man in the Mountain" who has since met and untimely death and most notoriously I have shared a motel with a hunted murder, but that's a story for another time.

Tonight I'm heading up to Lake Winnipesauke with girl J and her fiance. The idea is to unwind and relax before the chaos of the next week starts. I can't believe their wedding is only a week away. GJ's fiance, D's mom owns a gorgeous house about 20 yards from the lake. Its sleeps close to 15 people and I just the kind of place that comes to mind when you thing of rest and relaxation. My favorite aspect of the place is that it has floor to cathedral ceiling windows that give a breath-taking panoramic view of the lake.

There will be reading and hiking, some movie and football watching, but above all relaxing!

Relaxing means no thoughts of My Crush, whom I've been thinking of constantly since yesterday. I want to somehow get up the guts to maybe get the nerve to approach the subject of hanging out again. I thought I had convinced myself I didn't care, but the close proximity of yesterday convinced me differently.

I'm torn between the "just go for it, you have nothing to lose" theory and the "obviously he would have asked you out if he really wanted to be with you, so don't hurt your pride" theory a la He's Just Not That Into You.

I just don't know what to do.

No comments: