Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hell Week

This week marks the worst week of my year. Its the first day of the semester at my job and as the front person, the person who knows everyone and the only one who knows what is actually going on it means ten hour days, stress, sleepless nights and no time to eat. It is awful, but lucky for me it goes by fast!

I'm tired. As I post, tipsy, I reflect on my tiredness. I am tipsy off twisty bottle topped wine. In my sleepy haze I bought it by accident. I was looking for a particular wine. A Mondavi Cabernet sauvignon, and I looked and looked, and finally I found it, I grabbed in and made my way to the check out. As I was waiting I put the divider on the belt. The woman behind me looks at me weird.

"Are you buying anything?" She asked me quizzically.

"Oh! The wine is mine!" I gesture toward the lone bottle sitting on the rubber belt, flanked by two plastic dividers. "Its been that kind of day." I add apologetically.

She laughed and help up her bread. "If only someone had cheese we would be all set!" There's something warming about shopping line camaraderie.

I looked at my wine bottle and noticed something amiss. The top doesn't look right! Then I dawns on me. Its TWIST TOP! The horrors. I was bringing this bottle home to share with A, a notorious wine snob, and in my exhausted stupor, I bought twist top wine! I was wondering why it was so cheap. Now I knew!

Its funny how I used to get so excited about a boxed wine sale at Rite Aid to drink out of plastic blue wine glasses and now I'm horrified at the though of twist top wine. Oh how I've grown. It was blush boxed wine too.

My eyes sting. Only three more days. Oh wait. Four more days, I have to work on Saturday. Its not fair, but no one really seems to care. I will make it and everything will be fine. They're just music lessons. Its not that big of a deal.

Now if only I could convince my subconscious that this was the case, I would be waking up at five in the morning and laying awake thinking about random work stuff.

I'm sporting some wicked dark circles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! it has to get better