Monday, June 05, 2006

I Shaved My Legs for This!? AKA My Date with D

So I was enjoying a pretty nice Saturday apartment hunting with J and P and stuffing my face with Baja Fresh when I got the text message from D.

I think he can sense when I've completely written him off and then he appears out of no where. It had been about a week and a half since I had heard from him. Some where in the flurry of text messages we decide to meet in the city to see a movie. I was a little hesitant seeing the extreme short notice, (texted at 5, movie at 7) but I was bored and up for a little excitement.

I ditched J and P, felt a little guilty, and ran home, jumped in the shower, managed to shave my legs, look cute and run out the door in fifteen minutes. I jumped on the train and managed to get there ten minutes before the movie was about to start. I was very proud of my effort.

I had to wait for him to get there, but it seemed normal enough when he finally arrived. We exchanged hellos and he made a comment about my naturally curly hair which until now had been tamed to straitness and we made our way into the theater.

There was flirting a little talking and then the movie began.

After the movie we made our way out.

D "So I think I'm just gonna take off. I have to run a 10K in the morning."

Me, "Umm okay. Thanks for the movie." Thinking, he couldn't have mentioned the 10K in the first place?

D "No problem. Bye." Kiss on cheek and a hug and walks away.

Except we're walking in the same direction, we're waiting at the same light to cross the street, but it was so awkward because we already said our goodbyes, so I feel like we can't talk. Some random conversation was exchanged, but it felt strained.

The boy could not get away from me fast enough! Very strange.

It HAD to be the curly hair!

2 comments:

Adrian said...

That is very funny btw, clearly something spooked him.

I blame the hair too :-)

Kate said...

Y'know? People either love it or hate it, but I can't fight the humidity! :)