Monday, June 19, 2006

I am officially a Booty Call

The lease is signed.

I'm pretty sure living with three boys is going to turn me into one, seeing as after the lease I ended up at some all-you-can-drink benefit thing and then Hooters. Hooters was very disappointing; however, the crispy chicken salad wasn't half bad.

After Hooters we made our way to the Purple Shamrock in Fanuiel Hall, which was pretty lame and made me feel very old so on the way I figured I would text D, since he is much older than me.

"Whatcha doin?"

"Just left graduation at the Harvard club and you?" 'scuse me Mr. Fancy Pants.

I was slightly embarrassed to admit to the Purple Shamrock and just replied "Fanuiel Hall."

"Where ya going?"

Okay I had to fess up now. "The Purple Shamrock. Interested?"

"Going to Oak Bar, Meet later?" Of course he's going to Oak Bar, can we get any further way from the Shamrock quality-wise? Feeling very scrubby, I respond, "Maybe, where's Oak Bar?"

In asking where the Oak Bar was, I was trying to figure out if meeting up later would even be worth it, logistically. I mean if Oak Bar is far there's really no reason to continue the conversation.

He doesn't reply so I figure he thinks I want to stalk him. Please.

About an hour later I get. "I didn't see that you had responded, where are you?"

Repeat conversation from an hour ago, with me asking him how the Oak Bar was and telling him that it sounded pretentious and him writing back "lame." Not completely sure if he was referring to the bar or me.

We make our way out of the city to go home. I'm wiped anyway seeing I was dragged into the city directly from work with out a chance to change. I'm completely city-grimy. I shoot D a last text saying I was home and maybe we could hang out another time and he response with "come over?"

Seeing that it is 12:45, it is this that leads me to conclude that if anything, I am a booty call to D. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I believe booty calls would need to be much more efficient than D. He's too far. Maybe when I get into the new place it would be more practical, if booty calls can ever be deemed practical.

Hmmmm... I've never been someone's official booty call. Interesting. I don't know if I would be a good one though since my initial reaction to a 12:45 AM invite was:

"Ummmm, No."

Maybe I won't turn into a boy after all.

No comments: