Friday, October 13, 2006

Bull Frog

Today is one of those days where you brush your hand accidentally across your leg and think: "When, exactly, DID I last shave my legs?"

I'm still nursing my cold. Hopefully it should be gone by the end of the weekend seeing that would mark its one week anniversary of making my life miserable. I spent most of last night trying to stave of my hacking annoying cough, and while on the phone with G he started making "ribbit" sounds at me. He was right I do sound like a frog, especially at night. Its very annoying!
My voice seems to alternate between a bull frog and a twelve year old boy. You know, Peter Brady style.

Awkward conversation last night with P. He A and I were in the living room while J was upstairs, antisocial style with IWG.

P looks at us and points up stairs and starts whispering. You can hear everything in our apartments, and that is NOT a good thing, trust me.

"So I was here earlier, and IWG was in the shower and J just walked right in." Noticing our blank expressions, he looks at me. "You still have the see through shower curtain right?" (I don't even WANT to get started on that topic).

"Yah we do." I replied, still unfazed.

"Sooo.. Has he seen all that before?"

A and I exchanged glances. For some reason, and I'm almost jealous, P has been kept out of the IWG saga.

I look at A and then at P. "Yes, he has."

P looks confused. "and have they...-insert rude hand gesture here-"

I look at A again, obviously there's no use keeping it a secret, so I answer,. "Yes they have."

"And she still has...."

"Yes she does"

"Jesus!"

"Exactly."

"Wow, I guess I've really been out of the loop." P doesn't look like her really cares either way.

"That's not a bad thing!"

Cue thumping noises upstairs.

Ugh, I hate that I'm witnessing this debacle. Someone, (J) is going to get hurt and someone (me) is going to have to mop up the mess.

No comments: