Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Well....Finally

Yet another early morning text sent a possibility of hanging out with D last night. It all depended on whether or not someone would take his late call. Sure, whatever.

By 4:00 I texted to see how it was looking, I didn't want to race home shower and make myself look presentable for nothing.

He said it was looking good.

So I had it all planned. Being lazy in the morning I pretty much grabbed the only pair of pants I didn't have to iron. They were black capris, a little on the big side and not the most flattering, but comfortable. I also grabbed a bluish top that needed minimal ironing, but after I put it on I noticed that there was a weird pulling on the hem where it had been hung on the line. It looked funny, but I couldn't be bothered to change.

It seemed all day I noticed things that needed to be taken care of: errant eyebrow hair, ink stained fingers, chipped toenail, and the worst, stubbly legs. I'll take care of that tonight when I shower.

I'm just about to leave work to head home when he texts: "Don't go back to Camb. Just come here! I'm tired and have to go to the gym."

I'm horrified! I can't go right to his place, I'm hideous! Oh did I mention that I didn't dry my hair either? Oh no, I was too lazy! I was going to blow dry my hair when I got home.

He's pretty insistent, "Just come by for a drink and see my place, then we'll do something Wednesday."

"I don't think you'll want to see me Wednesday, if you see how I look now."

I contemplate, pretty sure I smell funny, but I give in. A quick pony tail and a head band and the knowledge that I have deodorant in my bag spurr me onward. I didn't look too badly in the T window, but that's a little distorted.

I gave in.

I arrive at his place in the beautiful part of Boston, instantly jealous. He answers the door, cute as always and I make a bee-line for the bathroom. I do the best I can and enter the apartment.

His place is amazing. Its a studio, but large, airy and spacious.

Nothing exciting happened, we talked for about an hour and a half. He makes me laugh and doesn't take himself too seriously. He's fun and that's what I'm looking for right now.

We left together, he on his way to the gym and me to the T to go home. It was comfortable walking with him, there's not a searing intense attraction, but its nice and I know what his body looks like under his shirt!

I was teasing him on the way and he slung his arm playfully around my neck and we just hugged goodbye at the T.

There was talk about hanging out on Wednesday, something like if 4 OR's are open, he can get off early, but if 6 are open he has to stay. Sure.... whatever..

History tells me not to keep my hopes up.

No comments: