Thursday, July 12, 2007

6 AM

I'm not a morning person. I never was and I never will be. When people who have children talk about how little sleep they get, that scares me more than the thought of labor.

For this reason I was appalled when I received a text message at 6:00 this morning. That's AM people. Kate only has on 6 o'clock on her clock! It was partially my fault for choosing such a shrill tone for my text messages, but still! 6 AM! Really? Who would ever think that would be a good idea?

Well. D. He thought it would be a good idea.

I knew it was him as soon as the sound woke me. I think I made a half groaning/half growling sound as I flopped over in my way to comfortable bed in my 66 degree air conditioned room. (Let's just say I'm getting A back for months of roasting me during the winter.)

I resisted for a few moments, but knew I wouldn't get back to sleep, for that last precious hour, until I read it. I struggle out of bed and grab my phone. As annoyed as I was it did make me smile.

"Hey sweetie. Sorry I've been MIA, lots of calls. I'm in NYC thru late Sunday for my mom's b-day, get together Mon on Tues?"

I couldn't help myself, I let my annoyance slide. I know its pathetic, but he's cute, and trust me that picture has kept me going in this frustrating pursuit of hanging out time.

Not quite sure where he got "sweetie" from, but he is right, I am pretty sweet!

I guess Monday or Tuesday will tell.

I should start taking wagers. At this rate I call September!

No comments: