Thursday, July 05, 2007

Guilty

I've been neglectful.

I hate not posting, but I've been busy. Go figure. I actually haven't had time to post at work, my preferred place of posting, and when I get home I'm usually running to see an apartment or to overwhelmed with the heat to do much of anything (that was mostly last week.)

No more excuses! I've found a place, yay. Work has slowed a little bit and its raining and cooler than last week.

Has much happened? Nope!

Well okay, I did find a new place to live, but that happened an hour ago. I'm thrilled to stop looking and interviewing for places, but on the whole I'm not thrilled to be moving. I like my place. I'm sick of my roommates, except P, but I still like the place, the location and most of all my room. I'm going to miss that place.

My new place is in Somerville, but super close to Porter's square, which I love and close to my lil' brother's place. It will be good, just different and stressful at first. The only thing that gets me about this place and that I was not the first choice and my first reaction when the guy emailed me to offer me the place because the person the offered it to flaked, was to say no. "Pride cometh before the fall?" Yah my tragic flaw.

I pushed back the indignant voices saying "oh but you weren't good enough the first time!?" and allowed the rational, tired voice to come through with more comforting "Now you don't have to look anymore" and "you really did like the place" statements.

So I accepted. Done deal.

J and I are pretty much not friends anymore. I don't know how I can respect someone who would think it was perfectly OK to put me in this type of position, not even ask me how its going and just above all make me doubt my worth as a friend, person and roommate.

He's the one that needs a character adjustment and a good reality check, but I don't have the energy to deal with him anymore. In fact, I don't think he can be helped.

Its sad to lose a friend, but in the end there wasn't much friend to lose. The main thing is that most (all) of my friends are NOT in the city. I feel a little lonely. Nothing can be spur of the moment anymore. Everything has to be planned in advance. Oh well!

To new adventures in Porter's Square!

No comments: