Thursday, June 14, 2007

Its Been a Long One!

I've held off writing this week, because my initial reaction to my job was: "Good lord why did I think that getting a job would be a good idea!?" Being the rational person that I try very very hard to be I knew that I could not judge my employment by my first day, as much as I wanted to.

It also didn't help that my unemployment went through and I received a check this weekend. It was too late to turn back.

Lumped into my first work week was apartment searching and a disastrous date. Not with D, that's in the works, with a new person, but I'll get to that, if not now, later.

The first day at work I felt useless and like a big dork. I've never really been the new person with people my own age, which I am here. All my work situations I have been the youngest by a significant amount of time.

So here I am, the new chick. It took all my power not to run for the elevators, but I made it and I'm getting used to it and they're getting used to me, and g'darnit, they should WANT to be friends with me. I'm a pretty good friend to have.

The duties and the job obligations are slowly coming to me. I think I'll do fine. I have a fab window in my cube, so I can't complain, except I can see when its raining. No fun T stories yet, but they're always around the corner.

I guess I'm summarizing right now because I feel neglectful.

I'm sorry blog! We'll catch up soon, I promise!

Like I said, I have stories!

No comments: