Thursday, June 07, 2007

Celebrating

I decided to text D the other day to inform him that we would soon be co-workers. It wasn't like we would ever run into each other. The hospital is HUGE and I wouldn't even be working near it. I'm working with the Trust and they are house in a separate building far away from the actual hospital.

Its always fun to make contact with him because he amuses me to no end.

"Hey Stranger! I got the job at [big hospital]"

Shortly after he writes back and I burst out laughing. He never ceases to surprise me.

"That is great! Whats the title? Where? When you start? When do we celebrate (together, sweaty and in the nude of course?)"

Keep in mind that actually only happened once, and I was not in the best of places at the time. I also have not seen him since February, but its funny none the less.

We texted back and forth for a little bit decided that my way of celebrating (drinks) could possibly lead to his, ahem, way of celebrating. He wanted me to come over that night, to see his new place and have drinks on his roof deck, but I had to pick up my brother at the airport, and also last minute I remembered that I was in no condition for his type of celebrating. I put him off until next week promising to text him.

I will, he's fun, definitely definitely nothing serious, but something to look forward to. Whether we will actually get around to his method of celebrating is up in the air, because as he stated correctly: "He is much naughtier than me."

No comments: