Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fall-ey

In a bid to do something to celebrate the fall, C suggested we go apple picking. I was in for many reasons: 1) I love fall, 2) I've never been before and 3) I hate having free alone time on the weekends for the most part.

The morning started a little rough when I woke up 15 minutes before I was supposed to meet everyone and by meet everyone, I mean they were all coming to my place. I must say though I thoroughly impressed myself with my speedy primping.

First we were going to my favorite breakfast place in Boston (Somerville) called the Neighborhood. I love it there and I knew that because it was fall their phenomenal pumpkin pancakes would be on the menu. So needless to say we were starting the day off right.
The trip to the farm was such a typical, New England fall drive. We took route 16 which winds its way through the towns of Newton, Wellesly and finally into Natick where the farm was located.


Belkin Family Farm was pretty much a well oiled machine and a profitable one at that, but for my first apple picking experience it was fun, although I don't think i would be able to afford it on a regular basis.
Another rear view for y'all. Please remember I only had 15 minutes to primp today, and apparently that affects the width of my ass.
I managed to some how bring home $16.00 worth of apples, but I don't remember picking that many. I think they were just really heavy!
AAAND the action shot. It was staged if you can't tell. I don't even think there was an apple in that tree.
All in all the day was fun, expensive, but fun, and now I'm pretty sure they will rot in my kitchen, just like the apples I insist on buying from the supermarket EVERY week.

(Photos courtesy of C. because I have not taken the time to upload any pictures that I have taken since I got my camera in May and the battery died the day before apple picking at my nephew's b-day party and I still have not charged it. Yes, I know I'm lazy!)

No comments: