Friday, September 26, 2008

First of the Season

There are so many thing, events and experiences that could follow that title; however, it's not that fun and exciting.

No siree bob!

I have my first cold of the season! I feel like it's early, but looking back my nephew is going to be turning one on Sunday and when he was born last year, before I could go and visit him I have to suit up, bathe in anti-bacterial gel and wear a mask. This was all because I had a cold (and a cold sore, ick) so apparently I'm right on schedule.

It's pretty mild, I'm guessing that my body is easing me in to the season gently and I do appreciate it. Just the sniffles, a lot of sneeze and a very full and heavy head. There's something about having a head cold that makes me feel like a complete moron.

I'm not a fan of the runny nose and the light headedness, but what I hate most of all is that I can't smell anything and that really affects my taste.

I tried to explain this to someone at work while we were discussing pumpkin cream cheese which ended up with us both declaring our love for anything pumpkin (which on my part is probably a lie, but who am I to ruin a bonding moment). I then mentioned that I haven't had my first pumpkin latte of the season because I wanted to wait until I could taste and smell again.

She looked at me like I had four heads.

I mumble something about a cold and affecting my sense of smell and in turn my taste and I'm sure I made some hand gestures to accentuate my lack of smell, but she's still looking at me weird like I was deformed. I mean I can't be the only one this happens too right? So I hastily try to explain everything again before ducking out of the kitchen cubby which her "oookaaay" drawing out behind me. Honestly, I'm not sure why I bother making conversation with most people here.

I have my group of friends that I like and hang out with and have fun with and that seems to be enough. We also seem to be the only group at work which in turn has earned us quite the reputation. Apparently we're the gossip group that talks about every one's clothes.

In a way that is true, but when you dress like and idiot, you're begging to be talked about and there are some doozies at work! I won't say that we don't gossip about work, but c'mon! Who doesn't?

Mostly, and I've been through this before, people get jealous of people when other people seem to be having more fun than they are. I feel that people get a bad rap for no reason when other people are jealous of them. We're all young, smart, attractive girls and when we're seen having fun, laughing and enjoying ourselves, I suppose we are drawing attention to ourselves and people feel threatened.

Personally, I find it flattering! We're not doing anything wrong besides enjoying ourselves.

For me, coming from where I did and feeling that work was always a chore; it is unbelievable refreshing to enjoy coming to work in the morning.

What can I say? It's hard when everyone wants to BE you, but there are worse things they could want to be! I mean people can look down their noses at us and talk about us, but if they had the opportunity to BE us, they would jump at it.

It's not easy being popular, but some one's got to be.

Hahaha! You know you all love me! ;-)

No comments: