Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Strangley the Same

I just looked at my post from last year on the same day and I could probably cut and paste it verbatim right here! Well except for the texting D part because he's been a big ol' bore lately and as much as I somewhat do want to see him, it's just such a repeating pattern that I'm slowly losing interest. I don't know. It's just stagnant.

I'm not saying that if he texted and wanted to get together, I wouldn't. I'm just sick of the back and forth texting with no ending.

I haven't seen him in awhile. I lost track of how long.

Life is just rolling along. I was very busy for the last few weeks that I though I would welcome the alone time, but I was wrong. I'm very bored being left to my own devices. I'm trying not to spend money and the only activities I can think to entertain myself cost's money: Target, any mall, Whole Foods. You get the picture.

Last night I left work early, because I had been sitting, staring out the window since 2:30 and arrived in Porter's Square at 5:30. I had no idea what to do with myself, so I found myself wandering around Shaw's Supermarket, even though I didn't need a thing. After thirty minutes I emerged with a half of a pound of cocktail shrimp, two Cedarline frozen entrees (Spinach Pie and Veggie Lasagna, both of which will sit in my freezer for a good 6 months, but hey! they were on sale) and spinach and cheese rolls from the deli.

The products of an aimless mind. I also put A LOT of stuff back.

I spent an hour with the newest Cooking Light magazine before eating dinner, finished a book and the fell asleep before 10:00.

You would think I would be well rested, my head is in my hand right now. I'm lacking stimulation here at this time. It's draining. Yesterday in our team meeting we were already talking about Holiday vacation. We're very limited on the time we can take during the holiday's because it's our busiest time, so this is always a point of contention with everyone. Just thinking that far in advance made my head hurt.

On the other hand I'm looking forward to the fall. It's been chilly in the morning this week and I like it. It's a more comfortable commute. Things are moving along well. I can't complain really. Maybe I don't try hard enough or maybe I'm not "putting myself out there" whatever that means.

Things are good for the most part. I don't really have the liberty to be resentful or dissatisfied with anything. I've been blessed with a lot, more than most. I can't be ungrateful for the things I have just because of the one thing I don't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart you :-) I miss wandering the supermarket with you and getting chicken fingers and dip...you're eating MUCH healthier as we grow up!!
Love you!!!

Kate said...

HAHA! I don't think my body would agree with you about that eating healthy stuff! Thought nothing will be as bad as Chicken Fingers with that Bacon Ranch dressing from the Caf. MMM my mouth is watering as I type!