Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good Day

Today will be a good day. There are many reasons for it to be a good day and I will keep reminding myself.

First and foremost. Yay Celtics! #17 in dominant fashion. Not to mention no more late games! Kevin Garnet is amazing to watch. He's just so......tall. I might incorporate chest thumping and head slapping into my daily work routine.

The T was almost empty and I wasn't hot getting on. The temperature was perfect and the air was dry on my walk which means I didn't waste 10 minutes blow drying my hair today. I can't tell you how much that makes me feel good, to be able to glance at yourself in the T window and not want to gag.

Today was also free coffee day. There is a little coffee stand in the basement of my building and I go there every morning because it is convenient and the woman who works there knows I always get a medium coffee. The coffee is above average and every tenth coffee is free! Today was my tenth coffee.

I do have to keep reminding myself that is the little things that make good days out of mediocre days. I've been fighting the melancholy this week. Even the usually pick me ups haven't been helping because I'm coming off a wicked stomach virus that wiped me out last week and food isn't appealing to me. I mean I eat, but there's nothing that I crave. I'm still exhausted from the three days of puking, abdominal pains and fever. Even now I could probably lay my head down on my key board and pass out.

I'm going through the motions though. I met R last night for dinner by the waterfront. Its so nice down there. I need to spend more time in that area. After I met friends for trivia, but I wasn't into it.

Even though I want to wallow, I'm not allowing myself. I'll get my energy back soon.

Why is it always when you're sick do you realize, "Wait a minute? There is no one right now who cares that my insides are turning upside down and I can't lay still because the pain is making me writhe?"

All I wanted was some Ginger Ale and some saltines and Tylenol since my ibuprofen was making me hurl. I had no one to get that for me. So of course I pulled on my jeans, tugged my ratty t-shirt over my head and went to the grocery store. I only had to pause in the isles a few time so as not to fall over. Lucky for me I live in a very eclectic area, so I wasn't exactly out of the norm.

I'm a big girl and I know how to take care of myself.

Its just sometimes you don't want to or don't want to have to.

No comments: