Friday, April 11, 2008

Hello....Is it me you're looking for?

Sigh.. oh Lionel...

Anyway! Here I am. I keep casting my blog longing glances, I check up on it now and then, make sure its doing okay, and then when I think about writing someone drops a huge pile or work on top of me and it takes me days (and many many overtime hours, cha-ching) to dig myself out.

I'm making an exception today, even though my work had to be put in a card board box because there was too much to merely place on my desk like normal. Sweet.

Work is going well though. It has taken me about eight months to finally feel like I fit in here and it's a good feeling. I take a LONG time to warm up, but I'm aware of that, and I was patient and now I'm having fun and I don't mind going to work in the morning. Well except for today, when I got hit on ALL THE WAY TO WORK! I'm talking 20 minutes people. BTW, the future does not exist, we need to live in the now! Oh, and I look like Ashley Simpson. I'm hoping post nose job.

I'm also in the process of finding a new roommate. The recluse is moving out. We started interviews last night. The first two were Meh. I mean I guess I could live with either one of them, but no one really stood out. One cancelled last minute and she sounded really promising. She kinda sounded like me, and we know how fabulous I am! She also had a daschund! Both my roommate and I are hoping for a roommate with a pet. Then we can get all the benefits with none of the responsibility! So far we have two coming tonight to interview and four on Sunday. I hope one is the perfect fit!

Other than that, nothing too exciting going on in the Life of Kate. I finally have found a gay boyfriend! We're going to dinner tonight after the interviews. His boyfriend is in med school with C and they're out in Western Mass birthin babies, so we're doing dinner. Its more civilized!

I haven't talked to or tried to contact D. Whether or not I will, I'm not really sure? I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I should probably let it go I guess, but I do miss him or the anticipation of him. I feel he added a dimension to my life that I now miss.

The weather is getting better, spring is here. Walking from the T this morning I was getting a "winter in San Diego" flahsback. The smell in the air reminded me of the mornings when I used to force G to walk to Starbucks instead of drive. The air was cool and fresh, the kind of scent you wish you could bottle. It's working for me. I'm feeling better, more alive. I'm eschewing my hibernating tendencies.

I know I've said this before, but I am going to try to post more often AND I'm getting a new lap top for my birthday (Thanks G!) so I will be more inclined to use it at home, instead of the dinosaur I have now. The thing burns my lap if I try to use it. Time to retire it!

So TGIF! I won't be a stranger!

No comments: