Saturday, January 13, 2007

Seriously?

I'm just minding my own business, mooching off my parents for a few days, enjoying the last two days of my mourning period in isolation and out of the blue, I get a text message.

I tend to go into incommunicado mode when I'm visiting my parents. I revert into an 11 year old. I trail them around, Mom can I get this? Dad said I could! and so on and so forth. I never bring my cell phone, my bag, my wallet or money when I'm out with them.

We were out bulk shopping, one of my favorite activities and when I got home I casually glanced at my phone and noticed I had a message. Not expecting anything exciting, probably just a morose text from the ultra-depressed J, imagine my surprise to see the name D under the text message.

"You HAVE to be kidding me!"

My mom looks at me, her mom radar all a-flutter. I haven't heard from D since our moving texted goodbye in August. He was moving to Florida, he had bought a condo, (of which he kept showing me pictures even though I had already seen them all) and was taking a position at a St. Pete's hospital.

I basically figured I would never talk to him again. It had definitely fizzled out.

"How are you?" He inquired.

Two hours later I wrote back, "I am well, How are you?"

"Good. Guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm living in Boston again." My jaw literally drops. I have mixed feelings. My first is, "Oh good a distraction", my second is, "Oh damn, He's such a flake, this will probably be too frustrating."

We exchange a few more texts ending with my saying "We should catch up sometime" which is met with silence.

Let the frustration begin!

Then on Tuesday, (this all happened on Saturday.) I got a text from him saying "We should hang out some time!"

I'm pretty sure I had already suggested this, but I wrote back "Yah definitely, give me a call sometime."

We'll see how that goes.

This weekend is J's B-day weekend, maybe it will produce some interesting stories to jump start me back into blogging. Our screaming match in his car last night is not something I really want to relive right now.

I'll just say, he's such a fucking drama queen!

No comments: