Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Getting Angry

I'm not upset because G is dating someone else. I'm not so delusional that I didn't know that that would eventually happen.

I'm upset because of the way he approached the subject (over email) and the fact that he has some how twisted it around to make me think that I have done something wrong. (I haven't). The fact that he still would like to be friends, but "only on email for now" rubs me the wrong way. I'm not calling him five times a day so he has to tell me not to call. I haven't heard his voice since January.

Okay so maybe a few weeks ago had called him after a few (many few) beers at a Bruins game, but that's when I believed him to still be my friend. Obviously I was wrong.

A mutual friend asked me if I really expected more from "someone like G". (Emotionally stunted)

Well, g'damnit! I did! Why wouldn't I?

The bottom line is that I feel like I've lost my best friend. Did I really think I was going to end up with G? No. Did I think it would go beyond where it had? No. Did I hold on too long to this relationship? Absolutely!

He was just my rock for about a year and half. I told him everything that mattered. When I had news he was the first one I wanted to tell, I could vent to him because he was an outside observer.

Will we talk again? I'm sure we will. Its a little too open ended for me to be comfortable with, but I'm fine giving him the space he feels he needs.

I just can't shake the feeling of being cast aside.

Maybe I'm wrong?

No comments: