Monday, December 04, 2006

Its Called a Pub Crawl for a Reason

4:30 on a Saturday afternoon found me perched on a rickety bar stool, slurping a potent pink liquid through a two foot straw out of a large ceramic bowl.

Hong Kong was the first stop for me and my friends on the Pub Crawl that we attended this past weekend. For future notice, Hong Kong is not the place you want to start a pub crawl, unless you want a jump start on your hang over, which is precisely what we got.

Hong Kong is famous for its Scorpion Bowls. For 17.25, you can get a massive bowl filled with an unidentified alcoholic substance, that tastes like pineapple juice, and you can share it with as many people as you want. We had two in a 25 minute period. We had missed the first three bars, I think we were over-compensating. They're damn good though!

From there it was a blur: A beer at Clark's, a beer at Cheers, food and beers at Hennessey's, a break at The Bell and Hand. I did see someone get kicked out of The Bell and Hand fro knocking a hamburger bun of a waitress's tray. Sullivan's Tap was next. It was a very narrow, strange bar, where we had yet ANOTHER beer. I was feeling pretty good then, but was starting to
coming down by the time we were on to the final bar, the Harp.

I was pretty done by the time I got there. I was just sitting starting off into space, wondering what time would be the right time to leave with out a) being rude and b) seeming like a loser. I was just looking forward to my bed.

Finally we decided to head back to my apartment, having our fill of the pub crawl. The Harp was starting to get crowded with barely 21 year olds and this old fogey was ready to be done.

(I'm posting this for lack of anything else to post, but I'm definitely still struggling with my writing and inspiration.)

No comments: