Tuesday, December 05, 2006

On My Stellar Work Ethic

I have a meeting at 12:30 at our other campus. I'm not good at meetings. I have the attention span of a toddler. I space out, I lose my train of thought, and I'm horrible at getting my point across when I actually can think of something to say.

I work weird. I always have. Its all in my head. I don't write things down, I know our clients on sight and i almost have all the schedules committed to memory as well as room assignments. My former co-worker used to call me rain-man and periodically give me pop-quizzes.

Most of all the other campus is a 30 minute drive. While I like the idea of 30 minutes of no one being able to bother me, its the fact that the meeting falls right in the middle of my lunch hour. This means I don't GET my lunch hour. My one blissful hour of not being bother by annoying work problems and I get one whole hour to read. Yes, I read. A lot. Its my one hobby. Sad to say my lunch hour is the only thing that gets me through my day.

I know you're thinking. Why doesn't this whiny crack pot get a new job? Well she's working on it, its just that the holiday's have made this crack pot lazy and complacent, and the fact that the big boss has generously given everyone two weeks off, make it very hard to leave.

Come January, the job hunt begins.

I'm sure it will be hard to find a job where I am able to do NOTHING all day. Actually it may be a good thing NOT to find that again.

Now I have to go perfect my "interested face" for the meeting.

No comments: