Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bad Bad Bad

I suck and I know it.

I often come to the blog and read through a more fun and interesting time of my life, then I sigh and go back to surfing the internet, not even feeling guilty because I have no work on my desk. I wish that I did, I'm running out of ways to entertain myself.

I was sick last week and actually out of the office for two whole days. It was interesting on the first day. I went to the make sure it wasn't strep throat, (it wasn't) and then I went to the grocery store to load up on "I get to eat this stuff because I'm sick" goodies. I came home with popsicles, watermellon sherbert, corn cakes that remind me of my Nana, three huge bottles of Gatorade (I'm so off it now) and gravy, for my rice. Yes I know its gross and the sad thing was, I was a little too queezy to eat most of it. All the phlegm. Ugh... It was the first time in three years that I have taken a sick day. I was going crazy as soon as I called in the second day, but I had a fever, and my mom threatened mean things if I went to work with a fever.

I got reaquainted with an old love, the Gilmore Girls and watched about 8 hours of it on Wednesday. I don't think I have ever sat in my bed for that long a period of time when I wasn't sleeping.

Even now, a week later I'm still feeling the after effects. The weezing is particulary attractive, not to mention the phlegm laden coughs that come out of no where and cause me to blush at my disgustinness. Lovely.

Other than that, I suppose I'm in full hibernation mode. I don't really have anyone to talk to. My friends are either, busy, in a relationship or too far away. I don't like to bother them. I'm not really thinking about tomorrow as anything more than a normal Thursday. What's the point? I'll just feel sorry for myself and why? No reason really.

I did venture out Saturday for a friends B-day. C and I headed out The Beehive in the South End. I love the South End, but don't get there as often as I would like. Its not Public Transportation friendly, but I was lucky to find a good space. The place was different; ecclectic, with a strange mix of people, between hipsters and the artsy crowd, to the trendy ones and then me, average girl.

Oh, I did get groped on the way out and was equal parts disgusted and pleased that the old girl still has it. Not groped, just stopped by a hand on my stomach, until I politely explained we were on our way out while looking pointedly at his lit cigarette in doors.

This weekend is a long one. Hopefully it will amount to something, though I'm not getting my hopes up.

No comments: